Tissue Number Birthday Sign (Mini-Tutorial)
I get a lot of compliments, comments, and questions about the Tissue Number Birthday Sign that I made for Adaline’s First Birthday Party. I tried to include all of the links in the original post, but I thought this deserved a post of its own. This is only going to be a “mini” tutorial, which means I’m going to tell you how I made it but you’re going to need to go to the original website for step-by-step instructions.
I found the tutorial for the tissue paper sign here: Prudent Baby
Basically what I did was:
1. I bought an artist’s canvas from The Hobby Lobby
2. I bought a pillowcase and sheet set from Target
(Obviously you can use fabric, but we don’t have a fabric store nearby so I improvised.)
3. I cut one of the pillowcases and stapled it to the canvas
4. I cut tissue paper flowers. Details found here
(Mine looked awful at first…took me awhile to get the hang of it.)
5. I used chalk to make an outline of the #1 on the pillow case
6. I twisted the bottoms of the tissue paper flowers and hot glued them to the pillow case inside the chalk outline.
7. All done!
Like I said the original tutorial that I found and used was Prudent Baby DIY Tissue Number Birthday Sign, they give details and show pictures of how to make it.
NOTE: Apparently WordPress hates me and it keeps breaking my links to the Prudent Baby website. I keep fixing them and it keeps breaking them again. Here are some ways you can hopefully fix that.
1. Click on one of the links to Prudent Baby and if it comes up saying the page doesn’t exist add .html to the end of the url in your browser. I keep doing this within this post and WordPress keeps erases the .html part 😦
OR IF THAT DOESN’T WORK
2. If the two following links don’t work when you click on them try copying and pasting them into your browser (separately of course).
OR IF THAT DOESN’T WORK
3. Go directly to the Prudent Baby homepage at http://www.prudentbaby.com (If that link doesn’t work just copy and paste the url into your browser.) Then type DIY Tissue Number Birthday Sign or DIY Tissue Garland into their search box (currently on the top right sidebar) and links should show up and hopefully work 🙂
Sorry for the inconvenience. I’ve never had this trouble with any other links before.
Posts COMING SOON…
Balloon Wreath Tutorial and Links Post
Ladybug Picnic Centerpiece Tutorial
Free Ladybug and Bug Fonts Links Post
Ladybug Picnic Products List
(I’ll be creating a separate post that contains all of the info and links for the supplies from this party. In the meantime if you want to know where I got something just ask in the comments.)
*Birthday Girl…2 years old: Photos of Adaline at her birthday party
*Ladybug Picnic: 2nd Birthday
*Pink and Green Polka Dots and Cupcakes Party: 1st Birthday
*Ham and Man Party: 30th Birthday
*Celebrating 30 years in 30 days! All of my birthdays from 1980-2009
*Birthday Traditions: Personalized Birthday CD
*Birthday Traditions: Knife and Cake Server
*Birthday Traditions: Professional Photos
*Birthday Traditions: Photo Puzzle
*Happy 2nd Birthday, Adaline!
+Birthday posts will be published all throughout September 2011 including tutorials, party decor ideas, and birthday traditions!
Coolest Family on the Block is committed to helping you find creative ways to have fun and make memories with your family all year-long. Don’t miss an idea, tip, or trick…subscribe and have updates sent directly to your email!