Guest Post: Coolest Mud Pie Cake Ever! (Recipe)
This is a guest post by Retha from Mommy Bee Wisdom. Be sure to stop by and visit her blog 🙂
Fitting name right? I have tried for 5 years now to out-do the coolness of this cake and have failed. It was so cool, I have had sisters since copy me, so now I figured is the right time to share it.
Supplies you will need:
2 Boxes of Chocolate Cake mix (I always use 2 to 4 depending on the guests).
2 tubs of Chocolate Frosting (keep this number equal to the amount of cake mixes).
2 bags of gummy worms
A wheel barrel (toy plastic and washed with dish soap)
A shovel (toy plastic and washed with dish soap)
If you want this a bit more girly, add one small terracotta pot and a fake flower and some pink gloves.
1. Follow the instructions on the cake mix box. Bake each box separately, trust me on this one.
2. Allow the cakes to cool completely, then frost as you normally would.
3. Spread the gummy worms over the cakes.
4. Now very carefully pick up each cake and dump it into the clean toy wheel barrel.
5. With a spatula run it through the cakes to make them look nice and chunky.
6. Sprinkle a few gummy worms over the top of the cake.
for the girl cake put a shovel full of cake in the pot and insert the flower, stick it on top of the cake and lay the gardening gloves over the edge.
7. Insert the shovel into the cake.
Now you have the coolest ever mud pie/gardening cake!
Retha Barton blogs at Mommy Bee Wisdom where she teaches other moms that living life from scratch isn’t as hard as it sounds. Retha shows you that you can make it without a lot of money and that sometimes doing things the old way can be more rewarding.
*Guest Post: Food as Tradition – Norwegian Butter Cookies: Another recipe guest post by Retha!